Monday, November 7, 2011

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

The boys did it!  They finished their 3rd grade football season undefeated with a 6-0 win over Sherman to win the Superbowl for the second year in a row.  It has been an incredible season as they finished up the season scoring 286 points and only giving up 6.

In preparation for the big game on Saturday, we spent Thursday night at practice making noisemakers to shake in the stands and painted up all of our cars.  Christian loved that I painted the burb and it was fun to see the reaction of he and his friends as they walked off the field.

Saturday morning we got to the stadium in Gunter and I finished watching the second grade superbowl game while Chad and Christian went over to warm-ups.  By the start of our game the stands were full and Christian pretty well had the whole family there in his cheering section.  Grammy and David, Grandma and Ta Ta, Aunt Leslie and Uncle Patrick, Yai Yai, Paw Paw, Aunt Tawnie, Shea Shea and Jay!  Unfortunately, I could not relax.  It was the only close game we have had all season and after a fumble late in the fourth quarter it was stressful to say the least.  Like we knew they would, the defense stopped them in their tracks and the final seconds counted off the clock.

 Carson and Monkey, his class pet, before the game

Boys running through victory line before game




Jake's touchdown!!



Kneeling for injured player





Let the celebration begin!! I love this pic I snapped of Chad the moment the game was over!



Being presented with the trophy



Christian, Leslie and Patrick (in orange :))



Celina 3rd Grade Football Team


Proud dad and coach


With Shea Shea and Jay


Brock and Christian


Individual Trophy Shots



Proud Grammy


The fam....minus a few


Skin and Bones


Celina 3rd Grade wins the SUPERBOWL!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment