Christian decided he wanted to go ride go-karts with his friends for his birthday, trouble is they are not tall enough to drive by themselves. I struggled back and forth with which location to choose but finally we settled on Adventure Landing because we had been there plenty of times before and they have a fun track. While the kids had a great time, I was completely stressed out in the beginning because our party hostess was TERRIBLE, plus it was H - O - T!!!! The party started with all the kids inside playing video games and racking up tickets.
Next, they had us in the party room for pizza and cake. The boys were absolutely wild, the hostess was NO help, the dads were in the corner eating pizza and laughing it up while Jenny Kenny and I passed out pizza, poured re-fills, etc.....I was not a happy camper at this point.
Christian's Hogwarts Castle birthday cake.
He blew out the candles, it is time to cut up the cake, right? WRONG
I thought it would be cute to have magic candles on his Hogwarts cake for a little extra effect. All I can say is T-E-R-R-I-B-L-E idea. We literally almost caught the place on fire!!! I could see it in my mind. This was the order of events.
1. Hostess lit candles at side table
2. Hostess lifts cake and places in front of Christian (candles are burning)
3. Everyone sings Happy Birthday (candles are burning)
4. Christian makes a wish and blows out candles
5. Candles magically re-light
6. Candles are burning, quickly melting and Christian blows them out again
7. Candles magically re-light
8. Chad tries to take each candle off the cake with his fingers but they are very small at this point and very close together.
9. Candles are little nubs sticking out of the cake
10. I grab one of the kids cups for Chad to dunk the candles in
11. Chad drops a candle in the water but the flames won't go out
12. I grab a fork to lift several of the candles off the cake at the same time and force them down into water
13. CK the fireman walks over to over-see everything and help get the candles out
13. The room is filling with smoke, my heart is beating out of my chest, the hostess is just standing there watching, but luckily the fire was averted as we FINALLY got all the candles out.
Note to self: NEVER buy magic candles again....EVER
After that fun it was time to go outside so the real fun could begin. The kids ran straight to the bumper boats. Unfortunately there were only 5 working at the time so they had to break up into two groups.
Mini go-karts

I am just realizing that we came away without a single picture on the big go-karts. Probably because all of us parents piled in the two-seaters to race the kids around the track and prove who had the crazy mad skills! All I can say is......it wasn't a dad! After a few races on the track the boys made their way to play putt-putt golf.
8 of the 12 boys
Before we left, the kids went back into the arcade to use up the last of their tokens.
The kids all had a great time and I must give props to you parents for sweating to death with smiles on your faces. I think ultimately we all had a great time and it was definitely a party to remember.














No comments:
Post a Comment