Thursday, January 26, 2012

A SAD GOODBYE

Christmas Eve ended with us coming home, unloading presents from the car, Chad taking a few new toys out of the boxes to assemble, Christian and Carson sprinkling reindeer food on the front yard, the boys and I getting cookies, carrots and milk set out for Santa, and getting in our pj's.  Tonight, however, the boys quickly came to the realization that when Tree Hopper left for the North Pole tonight, he would not be coming right back.  Instantly I began to notice a sudden change in the boys moods.  They both grabbed a sheet of paper and poured their heart out in a letter they were hoping Hopper would take back with them on his trip home to the North Pole.  After Christian finished writing his letter, he came around and asked each of us to please sign it.  Below are the letters they each wrote to Tree Hopper:



From Carson:  Cool fort and you shot and killed the toys. 
(Earlier that day, the boys found Tree Hopper upstairs playing with Nerf guns.  He was propped up  inside a Batman fort and had shot out at all the toys/bad guys that tried to come in)



These smiles quickly turned to alligator tears come bed time.  Christian literally cried his eyes out because he did not want Tree Hopper to leave.  After I put him in bed, he came out two or three times to say his good-byes and how much he loves him.  It was so sweet yet so sad.  I will never forget the magic that Tree Hopper brought into our home this season.  I can only hope it continues next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment