Our Christmas Eve tradition is to go to Sonia's house around 3pm in the afternoon. We spend the morning baking, watching Christmas movies and putting the finishing touches on presents, etc.
When it came time to head to Frisco, Chad and I loaded up the car with presents, sweet potatoes and pies and made our way to begin the celebration of the birth of Jesus. Since I am not the one slaving away at the stove tonight (Thank You Sonia), I use this time before dinner to snap some family pictures which once again reminds me of the lightning paced speed in which my kids are growing up. All the while Nikki got our annual family holiday game started. Luckily she has two eager volunteers to get the game going. This year it was Christmas Charades.
After we all stuff ourselves and the dishes are put away, the boys finally get permission to start passing out presents. They place everyone in the same spot year after year.
Once they get the green light to OPEN OPEN OPEN, I sit back and watch the boys faces light up as they unwrap their presents.
These tennis shoes were hot on his list.
Once again, we were all spoiled beyond belief and would leave their house later that evening with a suburban loaded down with new things. After dessert and tracking Santa, we took this last pic of Queenie with her great-grandkids and came home to get ready for St. Nick.











No comments:
Post a Comment