Thursday, January 26, 2012

Christmas Break

The first week of Christmas Break was a wonderful reminder of how richly blessed we are with incredible friendships!  I say it over and over but we truly have the best of friends that hold a special place in my heart and have truly become family!  We started off the Christmas break with an adults only party at the Burnhams!  It included a gift exchange that got ugly for some, but man did I sure score, thanks in part to my willing hubby!  That night, the boys stayed with Grandma and Ta Ta.  They went to Willow Bend mall where they attempted to see Santa (long story), ate dinner and each got to pick out a special present just days before the big day.  Here are some pics they took...





Sunday, we went to Grandma and Ta Ta's annual Christmas party.  The boys love when Carlotta and Sarah come over....and so do we.  It always equals extra fun and a lot of loud laughter!  I know grandma worried about her party for weeks in advance but as always it was great!  We all ate, laughed, and opened a special "stocking" present they have for each of us!





Monday night, we went and ate mexican food with the Stephens and the Lacys before making our annual drive thru Starbucks for coffee and hot chocolate.  We piled in and caravanned in two cars on our way to look at Christmas lights in Deerfield.  The lights were not as spectacular this year as I remember them being in years past, but they still did the trick.  On our way back North we found a house in Frisco that displayed 85,000 light bulbs dancing to music.  It was amazing!

Tuesday night we went to Japon, Christian's favorite restaurant, with the Ubanoski family and again drove around afterwards looking at Christmas lights.  The kids were all piled in together and eventually we all ended up in one car driving around.  We may have looked like the Beverly Hillbillies but we did it in style.  We finished the evening at our house with tasty after dinner drinks.

Thursday night we had Christmas with the Vinings.  This year we met up with them in Grapevine for Mexican Food.  We laughed, told stories, reflected on 2011 and exchanged Christmas gifts.  By the time we left the restaurant it was late and freezing so we just drove around looking at all the decorations downtown.  Ross was right about these two and I know he is looking down and smiling at the friendship and partnership we have built with them.






Friday night, Jana Beth, Jason, Mom, David and Alex came over for our annual Christmas together.  About two hours before Jana Beth and Jason got there though, I realized that Jana's present (that I bought on Black Friday that was super cute) was NOT under the tree.  I tore the house apart and scoured the attic to no avail so at 5 pm on the Friday before Christmas I drove to the mall to buy another present.  I was NOT happy and to this day, I still have not found the original present.  The sad thing is I remember hiding it, I just don't remember where.

Jason and Chad's prom picture re-enactment


LOVE




I probably should have made this a separate post but Ross' buddy Alex came and spent Christmas with us this year.  He was here for a week and I can assure you he left exhausted.  The boys had him playing basketball, football or something every minute they were with him. We are so glad you came!




I LOVE THIS NEXT PICTURE



The night ended too soon but it capped off a special week with wonderful people that we love.




No comments:

Post a Comment