On the last day they got popsicles and a certificate to celebrate their accomplishment!
The rest of the week was filled with football camp, vbs and one day of conditioning camp. Here is how our week went. On Monday Misti was not feeling well so I picked up Holt and Brock to take them to swim lessons and football camp. Amazingly enough we were not late to swimming lessons this morning. As worried as I was, the boys got in the pool at the same time as the rest of the class...success. When that was over it was time to get Brock and Christian to the stadium at 11:00 am. I got them situated in the shade, pulled the truck around to the other side and decided to stay and watch for awhile to make sure they were o.k. After the coaches welcome and intro, both boys went with the receivers group. When it was time to line up to start the first drill, Christian and Brock were the first two in line, which meant they did not have the bigger kids to watch as examples when the coach wanted them to run a different route! They did awesome! At one point I even called Chad to brag. The coach showed the boys a new route and first in line Christian made an amazing play while diving for the ball. The coach gave him a big high five and pat on the shoulders before heading to the back of the line! They were obviously doing well and by this time it was almost 11:30 am. I had about an hour and a half to fill before picking the boys back up at 1pm. I took the little boys to play at the park. After about 40 minutes, they were hot and tired so we decided to head home. The boys got some water, played upstairs and I made us all a picnic lunch before heading back to pick up the boys. Imagine my surprise when I pulled up to the stadium at 12:53pm and there was not a person in sight! The field was completely empty...crickets... as the equipment, water machines and everything were off the field. I pulled around to the other side and there sat Christian and Brock with about 3 other kids. (At least they were not the very last ones) Christian saw my truck, jumped up, put his hands in the air and gave me that look to ask where the heck had I been for the last 30 minutes. I felt AWFUL! He opened the door so I could ask if camp did not end at one o'clock and he said, "NO! 12:30". Part of me wanted to duck and hide as I felt like the worst mom ever but the other part of me said I had to jump out and apologize to the coaches......which is exactly what I did. I immediately called Misti for damage control and to let her know when they ask Brock how football camp was and he says that I left them out there for 30 minutes after camp was over, what really had happened. I felt much better as she thought the same thing so I am not sure where the breakdown happened. They were quick to forgive me as they were hot and hungry and I was there with lunch ready!!! Christian was shocked to hear when he told Brock to tell me about his amazing catch that I was there and able to see it in person. Needless to say when I dropped him off Tuesday morning he reminded me camp was over at 12:30.
Sunday night was the first night of VBS! The boys had a great time praising the Lord and being with their friends. They had crazy sock night, crazy hair night...etc. I did not take pics of each night but here the boys are with their blue hair.
Thursday night was the family carnival and Christian was spending the night with a friend. At 6:00 pm Carson asked what time it was and immediately jumped up and said we have to go to VBS. The boys both got up on stage and sang songs of praise with their groups before heading outside to enjoy 360 bikes, bounce houses, cotton candy and much more. Carson and I left a little early to meet friends for dinner though.
We had a swim day on Tuesday and on Friday we met Grammy for lunch at Ernestos while my car was getting detailed. That night we went to meet Baby Hudson at the hospital! He is one of the cutest babies I have ever seen! As soon as we walked out of the hospital room Christian looked back at me and said, "I want a baby sister"!! After our hospital visit we ran into Weirs to check out the clearance level upstairs. In eight minutes (the amount of time we had before the store closed) we picked out new furniture for our bedroom for a great deal!!!!
Saturday morning Christian had All-Stars practice before we had our regular season end-of-year baseball party and trophy presentation at the pavilion in the park. That night we met Pa Paw and drove to the Catfish Platter in OK for dinner. We even stood outside in the rain while we waited for a table. It was not pouring and honestly it just felt good!
That pretty much sums up our week! We LOVE Summer!!!











No comments:
Post a Comment