Monday, June 6, 2011

Last Day of School

Thursday was Christian's last day of school and I am a little embarrassed to say that tears were shed.  I spent the morning up at school with Christian.  I had some last minute papers to pick up and wanted to be there to give Mr. Pasqua his gift, plus one of the moms took donuts for the class.  When I walked over to his class, they were headed to p.e. so a few of the moms and I sat and chatted.  We had early release all week and I needed to do a few things before getting Christian so I left to get back in time for pick-up.  Mr. Pasqua walked Christian to the car, gave him a huge hug, and when he opened the door actually had tears in his eyes.  I told him what an impact he had made on Christian this year, etc and when he closed the door I actually had a tear in my eye too.  Christian immediately said he was going to miss Mr. Pasqua next year and then said he did NOT want this school year to end.

This is what Mr. P wrote in Christian's yearbook. So sweet.


It seems like the past 8 years have gone by with the blink of an eye.  How I have a 3rd grader and kindergartner now is beyond me.  Christian has been blessed with three of the most amazing teachers while at the elementary school and I only hope that Carson does too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment