Monday, June 13, 2011

One Down, Ten to Go!

Summer is off to an incredible start for the Cunningham Fam as this first week proved to be an action packed week full of fun.  Monday morning I dropped Christian off for the first day of his speed and conditioning camp with Coach Frank that goes throughout the summer.  Carson and I then made our way to Mrs. Krystal's house for another year of swim lessons with his best buddies Ben and Holt.  She has such a gift for what she does and even Carson proclaims her to be the best swim teacher ever!  When  we got back over to Christian, I was very happy to hear how much fun he had and how nice Coach Frank is, which we already knew.  Monday afternoon the kids were beat and both took a nap for several hours...a VERY rare occassion!

The rest of the week we did more of the same, except that Tuesday morning I had to go to traffic court in Krugerville, Texas for which I thought would only take about 5 mins.  Boy was I wrong! 2 hours and $45 dollars later, everything was taken care of for my expired registration sticker.  Jenn kept the boys Tuesday afternoon so I could go to a PTA meeting and in exchange I had her kiddos Wednesday afternoon for her meeting.  Thursday afternoon we kicked off summer at my grandparents house with our first afternoon of swimming.  We ended up spending almost four hours in the pool that afternoon relaxing and playing a fun game of baseball that we made up.  The boys both loved having grandma bat and were amazed when she would hit a home run across the pool!  I think there will be many more of those games in our future over the summer.  By 5:00 pm we were all starving and went to grab mexican food before heading home.

Friday afternoon we had another pool party and brown bag lunch at Misti's.  We met Josh, Lexi and Kaden Friday night for dinner and a night out before baby Hudson's arrival on Thursday. We decided to meet up at Dodi's and load up on shrimp and crab legs before heading to Main Event for bowling and games. At the start of dinner the boys were shy and didn't really speak to each other but by the end of the night Christian and Carson both wanted Kaden to spend the night.   I am a TERRIBLE bowler but had a great time watching the kids bowl while keeping track of their score and dance to the music.   We were also thoroughly entertained by the group on the lanes to the right of us...WOW!  Saturday the kids and I relaxed while Chad worked and then went on a ride.   That evening we went over to a birthday party for Chad S. and Jennifer that ultimately ended with me being thrown in the pool with all my clothes on and several others jumping in after!  Like always it was a wonderful shindig and time well spent with friends.  Sunday called for relaxation!  Wyatt came home with us from the party and the boys played all afternoon before heading to their first night of VBS at FBS.  Chad and I decided at the last minute to invite a few people over to watch the Mavs win their 1st NBA CHAMPIONSHIP and win they did, with class I might add!!

That my friends is how the Cunningham Fam spent their first week of summer!  The kids have already proclaimed it to be the best summer ever and are excited about plans we have made for later!  Carson is already swimming like a fish and has one more week of swim lessons to go.  Christian is running extra laps after camp because he wants to,  and has brought home all kinds of swag throughout the week! Next week it is football camp.

I'll keep ya posted!


No comments:

Post a Comment