This past Sunday was Ross' 22nd birthday. As the day approached I tried to decide what we should do to acknowledge it, unlike last year where we all sat in our houses and cried. Saturday afternoon I got a text from Jake asking me if he could come over on Sunday, hang out and take the boys to the movies; to which I absolutely said yes! I told the boys about their plans for Sunday and needless to say they were beyond excited. What a wonderful way to spend the day, so I decided to cook-out that evening and have the family over to celebrate the life of our son, grandson, brother and friend. Sunday afternoon Jakers came over and when he walked upstairs Carson ran from across the room and jumped in his arms to give him a huge hug. It was so sweet. Christian was playing PS3 with his headphones on and was a bit startled at first but he too gave Jake a huge hug and immediately turned the game off to go have some fun. We put booster seats in his car and after a few minutes off they went with great, big smiles to have a boys afternoon! Seeing the boys light up every time they see "Uncle Jake" brings tears to my eyes. Tears of joy, tears of sadness, and tears of what should be.
Later that afternoon the family made it over and the boys got back from the movie and said how awesome it was. Christian said Jake is just like him and anytime there is an Icee around he has to get one too. The rest of the evening we all visited, ate and watched the Mavs game. Jake had to be exhausted because the boys pulled him away every chance they could to play basketball, baseball, basketball on the PS3 and more. They talked about sports, summer, college, girlfriends, etc. It ended up being a very nice day!
Ross, I love and miss you more than words can say. Our love and memories of you will never fade as we think and talk about you every day! Carson has turned into Ross Jr. with his facial expressions and antics and Christian looks more and more like you every day. He has his collection of Uncle Ross music on his iTouch that he plays over and over as they both sing along. How I long for the day to be with you again, to be welcomed with a bear hug that brings me to the floor, to be your sounding board (but not to tell mom), for our dinners, sushi dates, and sleep overs but for now I know that you are looking down on us with a smile and living it up in Heaven. XXOO
Jake, I love you so much. You have no idea how much it means to me that you took the time to come take my kids to the movies, to laugh and play with them like their Uncle Ross would do. We cherish each time we are able to spend with you and love watching you mature into a fine young man. The boys love having you to look up to and interact with and we all love and appreciate each moment we get to spend with you at lunches, games, etc. Last night Carson asked me, How old is Jake that is in our family"? You will forever be apart of this family! I could hug you and never let go! XXOO
I will always be there for the boys, you, Chad, Terri, and Granny and Pa Pete. I love y'all more than y'all know and I'm so blessed to still be involved in y'alls lives. It gives me unexplainable joy to be around y'all, and I look forward to the future: the boys growing up, you and Chad getting more sweet and HILARIOUS every time I see y'all, etc. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your family. I love you each SO VERY MUCH! :)
ReplyDelete