Saturday, July 30, 2011

Where did July go?

Well, I was sitting here and realized I have not posted anything on here since the 4th of July.  Where did the rest of the month go?

For starters....The weekend after the 4th of July I went down to Austin with Kara, Brenda, Jennifer, and Misti for the annual PTA seminar.  We loaded up the Burbs and made our way to Austin Friday afternoon.   We made our first pit stop in Italy, Tx for beef jerky and coconut M&M's, Misti even found a coconut Twix that she had to try.  We made it to Austin in great time and checked in to our hotel (I even ran in to Julianne and Rob in the lobby...talk about timing).  This was my third year to attend the seminar and at this point I felt like an old pro.  Friday night we went to my fave go-to spot and dined on the roof top of the Iron Cactus!  Evidently we got there earlier than years past because we were seated immediately and it was still happy hour.  With all the appetizers 50% off we indulged in tuna ceviche, lobster tacos, queso, tableside guac and stuffed jalapenos.  Everything was scrumptious!  After we discovered the coconut margarita that night (equally as scrumptious) we officially cemented the coconut theme to the weekend.  After dinner we decided to walk up and down 6th Street before making our way into this bar.  Here are a few shots from later that night.  Love my CC's!



Since then the boys have had sleepovers galore and plenty of pool parties.  Sunday night both boys were invited over to the Kennemers to spend the night which gave Chad and I the perfect opportunity to have a much appreciated impromptu date night.  I can't tell you the last time both of the boys were out of the house for a night.  We took full advantage and jumped on the Harley to meet Joel and Kara for a bite in Frisco before we road around town.  This was the first time I have been on the bike all summer and it felt good to ride again.  The seat on the new Harley is entirely too small so I will be getting a sissy bar before we make any more rides together!! Being a Sunday night and not sure what would be open at 10:30pm we loaded up the dogs and I suggested we go try In and Out Burger.  To my surprise Chad agreed and we pulled up just in time!  The guy taking our order was very happy to hear this was our first visit.  All I knew was animal style so that is exactly how I ordered my burger.  Chad ordered a regular double double and after tasting mine said he really could not taste a difference. All in all, it was pretty good. We both loved the fries.   Not sure what all the hype is about but at least we have now been there and done that.

We have had a great summer with friends.  We all took the kids to AMC Stonebriar to see Cars 2 and took up an entire row there were so many of us.  After the movie we let the kids play a few games while we talked and figured out our game plan for lunch.  To my surprise Christian put two dollars in one of the games and won and Ipod nanno.  We went to the splash park in Allen one day after running some errands on that end of town.  As we were walking out (because I could not bare the heat any longer), the boys caught a glimpse of the ice cream truck that was driving in and immediately they pulled the "mom, can we PLEASE buy an ice cream because we have never gotten ice cream off the ice cream truck before" card and with a roll of my eyes I agreed.  I decided I better eat one too just in case and with good sense picked the chocolate and fudge bomb pop....something I had actually seen before.  I can't say the same for the kids choices but at least they can check that off the things you must do as a child list.

Last but not least we organized a trip to Hawaiian Falls as we had purchased discount tickets at the beginning of the summer.  A bunch of us met at our house and we caravanned to the water park where we all chipped in and purchased a cabana to have as home base.  We brought in our coolers packed with lunch and drinks and spent the entire day at the park.  The kids all had a blast.  Christian and Wyatt talked Kara and I into riding the Torpedo with them.  This ride is two slides side by side and when we got to the top the boys decided us moms had to go first so they could be sure we would not chicken out.  Kara and I made our way on to the slide where you literally step into a chamber that gets closed and locked behind you.  You stand there with your legs crossed and arms at your chest to hear the  3-2-1 countdown at which point the floor falls out and you take the plunge.  It was scarily fun and the boys were pretty impressed with our bravery which made it well worth it.  Misti and I followed Carson and Holt around the park all day as we watched them run up and around the kiddie area and sliding down their slides.  We would take turns keeping an eye on both of them so we could ride some of the slides with Christian, Brock and Cade.  Occassionally we would make it back to the wave pool to see Lisa, Kara, Brenda and Jenn K relaxing in the chairs.  Maybe next year!




No comments:

Post a Comment