Saturday, July 30, 2011

Lifelong Friends

Two weeks ago my longest and dearest friend Brittany came to Dallas with her family on their way through to Florida.  I am ashamed to say that it had been three years since the last time I saw her and that it was my first time to meet her daughter, Myah.  We immediately decided on a swim day at my grandmas so that the kids would be occupied,  and we could all relax and catch up.  It was a wonderful day.  The kids got a long great and it was incredible to see our kids playing together for the first time, especially since Brittany and I have been friends since we were Carson and Blake's age. 

After a long day by the pool and lunch, the kids went inside to play and we snapped a few shots before everyone left.  Of course my camera was dead as a door nail.





Brittany has an amazing husband Tim whom I absolutely adore.  I wish we lived closer so we could all get together more often.  We vowed to do better in the future and at least get together once a year.


There was something on the lens of my grandmothers camera.  Of course we did not notice it until we downloaded all of the pictures. :(


Our crew (minus Chad who was working)




As we left Grandma's that afternoon Christian immediately said, "we have new friends but I wished they lived in Texas".  The kids all got a long great.  I was really proud of Christian too for not thinking he was too big. Myah followed Carson around all afternoon too.  It was so precious.

We ended up meeting them at Burger House on the way to the airport on their last day here.  Who would have guessed the Tollway would have been completely shut down making us 30 minutes late.  We still got in a great visit and it was sad to see them go.  Carson and Blake were fast friends!  For some reason I can't find the group shot we all took at the restaurant.  I will get it and post on here.


Miss y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment