Easter morning we woke up and the boys were very happy to see what the easter bunny had brought them in their baskets. The day had not even begun and they both declared it the best Easter ever. Over breakfast I brought out the egg carton with the story of Easter in it and Christian read each day while Carson opened the eggs. It was a great way to remind the kids why we celebrate Easter. The boys looked so cute today! We have been so busy lately that I did not have time to get them special Easter outfits. Luckily, Carson had an adorable suit with the tags still on it that he got for Christmas and Christian wore khaki pants and a polo shirt still looking quite handsome! Our plan for Easter this year was to go down to Queenie's house for lunch after church where both of our families would have lunch and the boys would have their egg hunt. Carson was extremely proud of how handsome he looked and was beaming all morning. He admitted to being the most handsome in the family and was cracking us up in the car with statements like these, "I look handsome, I'm so handsome I'm romantic, people are going to think I'm a ladies man". SERIOUSLY, where does he come up with this stuff? He is five!
Carson and Yai Yai
Carson and Queenie
Going through easter baskets after lunch
Carson and Ta Ta
There were 100+ plastic eggs in the backyard. On your mark, get set, go
Did we get them all?
Ta Ta and boys
After the egg hunt we all hung around outside taking family pictures. We were facing the sun and they turned out horrible. I won't embarrass everyone by posting them. It was a great thought, not sure after all the comments why we didn't turn around and face the other direction!
We make our way back to Celina around 4 and lounged around the house before going to the Stephens for our annual egg hunt together and dinner. This year Joel cooked steaks on the grill, YUM, while the kids hunted eggs. We left a few pink ones on the ground for McKynna but everything else was fair game. I think Carson was the big winner as Christian and Wyatt went one way out the door and Carson went another! The boys had a great time trying to find the golden eggs! Once everything was ready we got the kids situated with their plates and then it was the adults turn. We made our plates and went in to the dining room to sit down to a prayer and nice dinner when within minutes the electricity went out due to the storm. We will never forget our candlelight Easter dinner this year! It was a blessed day!












No comments:
Post a Comment