What a week for Christian! Thursday Christian received the Principal's Pride Award at school. This is his second time to receive this award in his three years at the elementary school and he was really excited. Chad and I went to the school to have lunch with him today and watch him go up on stage to receive his award! He asked that I bring Burger Fixins for lunch and insisted that I bring Mr. Pasqua lunch too, otherwise he would not advance to the third grade. As his class walked in the cafeteria, Christian came to our table where I gave him his lunch to give Mr. Pasqua. He was so happy! Mr. Pasqua came by several times and thanked us for lunch, joked back and forth with Chad and let us know that Christian had been fast-tracked to 3rd grade! He is great!! Anyway, I forgot my camera at Pearl's Easter Sunday so this picture was taken on Chad's iphone.
Thursday night Chad got a call from a neighbor saying Christian had just stopped by his house on his bike and he and his wife were very impressed with his manners and wanted to let us know. He said that he and his wife were in the front yard and that Christian had stopped on his bike to talk to them. We were extremely pleased to hear that he used his ma'am and sirs when speaking to adults. You never get tired of hearing someone compliment your kids!
Friday night Christian had his first baseball game in several weeks as they continue to be rained out. In the last inning the score was tied 3-3. Christian was first at bat and hit a triple! I was a nervous wreck watching him head to third but he made it and was thrilled that Grandma and Ta Ta were there to see it. The second batter struck out and the third batter hit a single that brought Christian home to win the game. But thats not all!
Saturday morning the boys had an eight am game. Once again we were playing another Celina team and it was a close game. The bottom of the last inning the boys were down by one run. Christian went up to bat and hit his 1st HOME RUN ever! Chad was down on first base coaching and said he went from coach mode to dad mode in an instant. I was in the stands and literally think I squealed like a little girl. It was such a thrill to watch and once again no camera! Needless to say when we left the game I immediately drove down to Frisco and got the camera! In both games the boys reached the seven run limit in the last inning for big wins!
Proud of you Bones!

No comments:
Post a Comment