We brought the New Year in at the U's house with the kids in tow and in the company of great friends. The boys had a blast all night playing with the laser guns they each got for Christmas. All in all it was a nice, relaxing evening spent telling stories and laughing around the outdoor fireplace.
I will leave off the part about someone coming home and passing out sleeping on garage floor where they stayed until 6 am, unless...yep, better just leave that off.
Somehow we have been lucky enough to go on several date nights just the two of us, and spend a few fun evenings out on the town with all of our besties including an overnight stay in Fort Worth at The Stockyards Hotel to celebrate birthdays with Josh and Chad K!
Here I am with my hubby at Billy Bob's listening to The Josh Abbott Band. We had a table front and center and the band was great!!
Lisa and I in the hotel lobby
Unfortunately, I don't have any group pics :(
This was Joey's birthday dinner at Randy's Steakhouse
18 years later and still in love
Carson dressed as a 100 year old man on the 100th day of school!
Chad took the boys to watch Wade rope one evening and just like a natural Christian hopped on this horse and rode him around all night long. He loved it and couldn't wait to tell me all about it when they got home! It is in his blood and ever since he has been doing a lot of sweet talking for a horse of his own. As much as I would love a horse, that boy has a hard sell. We had horses growing up and you actually have to take care of them. In the meantime, the boys have been going up to the farm working the cows and the land! It's been good for them.
The year has started off right! In November of last year Chad got on the health and fitness bandwagon and has been going strong. Just this week, he stepped on the scale to see he has lost over 35 pounds! He looks great and I am so proud of him! He has even got me back on the program....unfortunately no news to report yet!
I guess that about sums it up for this post. The rest will take blog entries of their own so please stay tuned...oh, and Happy 2012!








No comments:
Post a Comment