Sunday, October 30, 2011

Inching closer to 40!

One month ago today Chad turned 38 years old.  I can't believe it considering I met him just a couple weeks before his 21st birthday.  Chad was not too thrilled with the idea of celebrating his birthday this year and when you throw in the fact that Christian had a 9 am football game the next morning in Tom Bean, that eliminated any possibility of going out for a big night on the town.  

I on the other hand have never heard of not celebrating a birthday and was not going to start now.  In fact Chad always gives me a hard time and says I drag birthdays out and turn them into multiple celebrations....well yeah! So in true fashion we got to have a couple wonderful birthday celebrations for Chad.  Wednesday night the four of us went to one of our favorite restaurants ever, Lefty's, for an incredible dinner with Josh, Lexi, Kaden and Hudson!  We had not been there in a while and oh how I had missed that place. We stuffed ourselves!  

On Friday, his birthday, we welcomed family and friends over to the house for a casual evening and catered Dodie's crawfish etoufee....yum!  We had a full house of family, friends and food.  I made kid friendly food for the kiddos, some appetizers and we all just hung out and celebrated until it came time to tuck the boys into bed for pee-wee football the next morning.

One of the best parts of the evening was that Jana Beth and Jason came in town to spend the night with us and go to Christian's game the next morning.  It had been entirely TOO long since we had seen them so it was WONDERFUL to spend much needed time with them.

Thank you to everyone who came to celebrate!  WE LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU!!




No comments:

Post a Comment