Monday, March 14, 2011

Spring Break Has Begun

Spring Break 2011 has begun!  Really, where does the time go?  The boys asked Friday if we were going anywhere for spring break and were a little sad to find out the answer was no.  When they asked why, I said we were gone the past two weekends which in turn meant we needed to stay home this week but would still have fun.  

The boys had Jake and Jedd spend the night Friday night.  They wore out all the NERF guns and played every man for himself with Chad.  Later that evening they came in the living room to talk and were cracking us up with their very, VERY animated stories.    Saturday morning Lisa picked up all four boys to spend the day playing at her house, and Carson was thrilled to be included.  Chad was at the farm building a field of dreams which meant I had the house to myself and took full advantage by watching the girls Big XII Championship Game (Sic 'Em Bears) followed by a girly movie on PPV.  Late Saturday afternoon I picked up the boys and took Christian straight to Wyatt's house to spend the night.  Carson and I came home, he took a bubble bath, I fixed us dinner and he fell asleep in my arms on the couch.  I love to cuddle with my snuggle bug so I proceeded to watch another PPV movie while Chad was out with the guys.

This afternoon we went to Pa Pa's house to go fishing.  Chad and the boys got there a few minutes before I did and were greeted by a 4 lb catfish that Pa Pa had just caught.  When I arrived shortly thereafter Christian had already caught one and Carson was catching his third.  The fish were hopping.  In the two hours we were out there the boys caught about 30 fish.  Christian had a long face at first because Carson seemed to be catching fish about every 30 seconds while he got nothing.  Every time Carson caught a fish, Christian would huff and puff.  The boys were standing 5 feet a part, using the same hook, line and bait, but Christian's line was dry every time.  After Carson caught about his 15th fish Christian insisted that he and Pa Pa move to the other side of the pond for better luck. He packed up their worms and away they went.  It was a good move because they quickly found a honey hole and Christian went from 3 to a bakers dozen real quick.  I forgot my camera at home but took these from my phone.





see the long face?



After the move...


Daddy I don't want to hold, touch or kiss the fish



Can we come back tomorrow Pa Pa?

I sure hope the boys think back and remember these days fondly.

No comments:

Post a Comment